Alderlea T5 door glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Dec 8, 2007
Dillsburg PA
Ok, so im cleaning the T5 and notice some movement in my door glass, its very slight but its in all around perimeter. is that normal ??? if i push on outside there is some movement , all the glass hold down brackets are tight,,, could it be gasket wear just curious...

The glass is not clamped tight, just enough to compress the gasket. If the gasket is still making good contact all the way around I would let it be and just watch it for now.

Thanks guys, good to know.. stove is around 5 yrs old.. easiest stove i have ever used.. love it

Thanks Begreen, that makes sense that the glass could not be really tight. There must some room for expansion and contraction of various parts and I guess the glass if really tight would be prone to cracking.

Best of luck with your stove jetmech, I agree it is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.