Alderlea T5 installation, and a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixheater

Oct 23, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Hi everyone,

Well, thanks to all of your advice and hours of forum reading, we settled on the Alderlea T5. We picked it up over the weekend (in the back of my husband's station wagon!) and installation is currently in progress. (Fortunately, the installers didn't bat an eye about picking it up out of the car and carrying it up the porch. Being strong must be nice!!) It is a beautiful stove, and I am really pleased with the choice.

Here's the question: As he positioned the stove, the installer pointed out the electrical outlet directly behind it. Is this a problem for the installation? If we meet the clearance for the wall, is having an outlet on that wall any kind of additional problem, safety or otherwise? (Of course we won't plug anything into it.) I've searched, but can't find anything on this.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

I'll post an update when we get it fired up. So excited! It's been 50 degrees in the house, because we've been unwilling to turn on the heat, so I'm really looking forward to being warm, too!

Hi again everyone,

Sorry for posting this on the wrong forum. Somehow I jumped to this one and missed that I had moved. If I could figure out how to delete or move the post, I would, but I'll go ahead and repost on the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.