Alderlea T6 Gasket Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgster

Nov 6, 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
Can anyone tell me if the interior gasket on the picture attached would cause issues. I just had this installed a month ago and noticed that the gasket was folded towards the inside. My burn times have been very short, flames for maybe 3 hours on a full load then coals / embers.

Both sides are folded up like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 165
I don't see a serious issue with the glass gasket. How is the door seal when doing the dollar bill test?

The glass is smoked up there, which could indicate a leak. Was that a long split too close to the glass, where the other black spot is?

Actually, the glass looks pretty bad all over. How dry is your wood?

The smoke on the glass looked like a log end too close to the glass. The rest of the glass looks like it just hasn't been cleaned in a while.

I had to read up on the bill test, i will try this for sure and let you know.

Its -22 C here today and the temps are starting to stay consistently low and i'm seeing the stove struggle, but do much better then the t5 i had previously. The wood ranges from 20 to 25% moisture based on the meter i bought. It lights fairly easily for the most part and if i have a piece that reads too high i just set it aside for next year.

You can check that glass gasket with a candle, incense, cigarette, etc. Just move around it and see if the flame or smoke gets sucked into the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.