Alderlea T6 new rear clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolman467

Aug 6, 2010
Centerville, Tennessee
I just got my brand new T6 and I noticed that the rear clearance for double wall pipe installation has changed from 6 inches to 7.5 inches. Does anyone know why this has changed? I've included a pic of my stove waiting on the hearth pad and pipe. This is where it is going. My central air intake, if you notice, is just to the left. I should be able to just turn on the fan to distribute heat throughout the house if need be. I had a T5 in my last house. I can't wait to be warm again!

Attachments

• Wood Stove.jpg
    Wood Stove.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 217
  • downsized_0621121734.jpg
    downsized_0621121734.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: raybonz
Cool floors. We only get that skinny oak strip stuff around here.

I believe it is poplar wood. It has a nice rustic look to it. I just moved in to this house a few months ago. My dream place. 80 acres, creek, spring water, woods, fields, dirt road, nearest neighbor is over a mile away one direction and over 3 miles away the other. I never see any traffic, at most every now and then I see people riding horses down the road. God has blessed me.

Is that some sort of solar setup on the roof?

The roof is just metal. No solar setup. Actually, this house is situated in a hollow facing north. The sun hardly ever hits it in the summer. So, solar wouldn't work very well.

I believe it is poplar wood. It has a nice rustic look to it. I just moved in to this house a few months ago. My dream place. 80 acres, creek, spring water, woods, fields, dirt road, nearest neighbor is over a mile away one direction and over 3 miles away the other. I never see any traffic, at most every now and then I see people riding horses down the road. God has blessed me.

Sounds like a great place!

Reactions: mfglickman
I just got my brand new T6 and I noticed that the rear clearance for double wall pipe installation has changed from 6 inches to 7.5 inches. Does anyone know why this has changed? I've included a pic of my stove waiting on the hearth pad and pipe. This is where it is going. My central air intake, if you notice, is just to the left. I should be able to just turn on the fan to distribute heat throughout the house if need be. I had a T5 in my last house. I can't wait to be warm again!

1. Regarding the clearance changes, I just pulled my manual Alderlea (2004 - 2009 ver. 261107-38 T4-5-6) , and indeed a bunch of the clearances have changed. The only GUESS I have is that there seems to be an additional logo (? certification agency) on the unit label, on the newer web based manual.

Good luck with the install, and report on your central air distribution idea

Status
Not open for further replies.