Alderlea ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSAW

Sep 6, 2010
Fl
I took all the cast iron pieces off of my T-4 to make it easier to handle when installing. When I reinstalled all the panels I aligned them real well and tightened them. The other day the stove made a very loud clang while cooling down (I realize some clinking is normal). This got me thinking that maybe the panels should be left a little loose/snug to allow for difference in expansion rates between the steel box and the cast pieces. What do you think? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Thanks

It would be good to go to the stove store and look at the gaps between the outside panels. Perhaps there is a small expansion gap between panels that is needed for when the stove heats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.