Alert Cylinder Stove??With pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuerno Verde

Jan 30, 2014
Colorado
Anybody ever come across any other "Alert" brand stoves? I am just curious about where it may have been manufactured at and appx. age. I figure its pre 1920s but would like any input on this little thing (no flower planter and the like comments) if willing. It stands 36" tall and has a 8" inch fire pot and shaker grate in decent condition. At some time all the nickel (that is painted green) got covered by the visible green paint and then gold. Since those pics I have attacked the horrid paint with acetone and was very pleased: Somewhat intact nickel that polished up nice. Any info on the operation restoration and such for similiar "Oak" style stoves would be appreciated. I have broken the stove down and will sandblast. I have been looking in to casting a refractory lininig for the fire pot/burn chamber. A few of the skirting pieces will need re nickeling.

CAM01276.jpg CAM01277.jpg CAM01390.jpg CAM01388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.