Alfred Hitchcock: The Birds..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
One of the most bizarre things happened as we sat down for Christmas Dinner yesterday. It was about 2pm and all of a sudden out of nowhere at least 100+ birds swarmed my entire backyard. The wind was calm and it was 33F outside. Now I'm in WNY just outside of Buffalo and this is December...What the heck is going on? Anyone else see crazy activity like this in your neck of the woods.....

Happens often here. Drives the cat crazy.

What kinda birds ??????????? Had 40 -50 turkeys in the yard when I got home from work, plus a bunch of Blue Jays, Juncoes, Chickadees, Nuthatches, assorted Woodpeckers, Finches, and Tufted Titmouses, 4 -5 hundred all added up, pretty much regular day ....... plus, of course the seagulls, crows, ducks, and eagles out on the river............

I have had hundreds of blackbirds,grackles land in my yard for 2 or 3 minutes
and then poof they go off not to be seen again. they seem to be eating something.
It is a mystery.

Did these birds seem especially angry? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.