All Loaded Up With 6 tons.... Oink, Oink......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
All ready for winter. 6 tons in the shed again.... A few interesting tidbits..... Broke the timing belt on the Mazda B2500 between ton 2 and 3. I was unloaded at the time going back for more. Crap.... well at 170,000 mi I guess I was due. The Mazda goes with my son back to college ( he was home on break) but now I need the truck to finish the job and the truck is in the shop and the boy needs to get back to school.... Arrrgggggg, I had to give my Mercedes SUV to my 19 year old son..... He said he could score some chicks with it and seemed very happy I just gave him a look and silently said a prayer. I was once 19 and I thought about........ DAMN...... I finished the pellet pickup today..... I just need to make it until Saturday......

Preused ufO brOKer said:
i hope the engine survived the broken timing belt

You were DEFINITELY laughing in the face of the timing belt gods by waiting 170,000 miles! Just changed mine in my Jetta for the second time with 163,000 total miles. Sure hope it wasn't an 'interference engine' or the shop will be giving you a very nasty call. Good luck.

May we ask what brand you purchased and the price paid?

Good info for peeps that still need to purchase there's.

Jay

Truck is fine and the pellets wereTreeCycle Brand made locally in Nazareth PA.... $255.00/ton.

BadDad320 said:
Truck is fine and the pellets wereTreeCycle Brand made locally in Nazareth PA.... $255.00/ton.

Good to hear about the truck!!! Do they still have the Nazareth Speedway? I used to help push off midgets there MANY, MANY moons ago.

tjnamtiw said:
BadDad320 said:

Good to hear about the truck!!! Do they still have the Nazareth Speedway? I used to help push off midgets there MANY, MANY moons ago.

Hey tjnamtiw,

Nazareth Speedway is no more.....they turned into a shopping center (I think) many years ago. One of my friends used to race modifieds there back in the 70's & 80's. I spent many Sunday nights there.

macman said:
tjnamtiw said:
BadDad320 said:

Hey tjnamtiw,

Nazareth Speedway is no more.....they turned into a shopping center (I think) many years ago. One of my friends used to race modifieds there back in the 70's & 80's. I spent many Sunday nights there.

So Nazareth went the same way that the 1/2 mile Reading Speedway went. :eek:( Turned it into the Fairgrounds Square Mall. With all the stores closing and no one having money to buy anything, maybe they should tear down the malls and build racetracks!!! I'd spend $25 for a night at a dirt track before I spend it on some Chinese made junk! ha ha ha

tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
Hey tjnamtiw,

So Nazareth went the same way that the 1/2 mile Reading Speedway went. :eek:( Turned it into the Fairgrounds Square Mall. With all the stores closing and no one having money to buy anything, maybe they should tear down the malls and build racetracks!!! I'd spend $25 for a night at a dirt track before I spend it on some Chinese made junk! ha ha ha

Yep, they wanted the real estate $$ more than the track, but like you said, maybe it should revert back to a dirt track.

Maybe if we're down your way sometime, I'll give ya a call.....we (the son of my friend) still race....but now it's winged sprints. We've raced in Georgia, Florida, and N. Carolina.....here's a pic to whet your racing appetite:

Attachments

• bargerAEM.jpg
    bargerAEM.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 324
macman said:
tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
Hey tjnamtiw,

Yep, they wanted the real estate $$ more than the track, but like you said, maybe it should revert back to a dirt track.

Maybe if we're down your way sometime, I'll give ya a call.....we (the son of my friend) still race....but now it's winged sprints. We've raced in Georgia, Florida, and N. Carolina.....here's a pic to whet your racing apetite:

Looks good. REAL good! My son, who lives in Reading, Pa. is friends with a couple guys who race midgets and I had the pleasure of going over one day to get a close look. It is downright amazing how much engineering goes into them! So many adjustments, wild alcohol fuel systems, and so many custom made pieces. They raced in the Chili Bowl this year and a couple of years ago, Tony Stewart actually raced one of their cars.

tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
Hey tjnamtiw,

Maybe if we're down your way sometime, I'll give ya a call.....we (the son of my friend) still race....but now it's winged sprints. We've raced in Georgia, Florida, and N. Carolina.....here's a pic to whet your racing apetite:

Looks good. REAL good! My son, who lives in Reading, Pa. is friends with a couple guys who race midgets and I had the pleasure of going over one day to get a close look. It is downright amazing how much engineering goes into them! So many adjustments, wild alcohol fuel systems, and so many custom made pieces. They raced in the Chili Bowl this year and a couple of years ago, Tony Stewart actually raced one of their cars.

The Chili Bowl is wild.....we raced there for the first time this year, and didn't make it out of the alphabet soup (D-Main)...it's all about the pick for heat starting spots the very first night.....bad pick = not good results the rest of the week unless your very lucky. Here's the kid in his Chili Bowl ride:

Attachments

• Justin @ '09 Chili Bowl.jpg
    Justin @ '09 Chili Bowl.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 229
macman said:
tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
tjnamtiw said:
macman said:
Hey tjnamtiw,

The Chili Bowl is wild.....we raced there for the first time this year, and didn't make it out of the alphabet soup (D-Main)...it's all about the pick for heat starting spots the very first night.....bad pick = not good results the rest of the week unless your very lucky. Here's the kid in his Chili Bowl ride:

That's a great picture! These guys said the same thing about the Chili Bowl. It's more like a destruction derby in the beginning. They went for many years and then threw up their hands and send 'NO MORE". Of course, the Chili was in their blood and back they went.

Status
Not open for further replies.