All my local pellet peeps....and or pigs!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrblkk

Minister of Fire
Feb 2, 2008
Northampton, PA
I'm only posting this here because everyone is really high on Somersets but the Lowes on MacArthur Rd. has Somersets, Greene Team, Prestos and Timber Heat for $4.18 a bag or $199 a ton contractor price. I bought 15 bags of Somersets and will probably be going back for more. They had many tons of each.

Also posted in the fuel price report...

GT for 199? If so i think we need to boycott Lowes, not Green Team

Yep! Boycotting Lowes. Seems we might also want to consider boycotting HD as they aren't excepting the military discount(imacman reminded me). Except my TSC only has a couple of yuk brands! I have to see what Agway and my local pellet dealers have.

Under $200/ton pellets are just TOO tempting! So are these Pres-to-logs this season. Burned the last bag of them, Now I'm back to the GS's and they suck IMHO! Trying hard not to burn the good stuff(Hamers-Cubex) just yet! I'm not lucky enough to find Sets at my local Lowes or I'd sneak in to get some.

Yes, they are all the same price....I should say that I didn't see any different pricing on the other pellets....

FYI...I think I passed OMV and he had his trailer with him...lol

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Jay....the Prestos look to be new stock...I was there last week but didn't buy pellets. I actually went back this morning to oink up my stash a bit with the Prestos but to my surprise they had the Somersets...how can one pass those up? lololol

Jay....the Prestos look to be new stock...I was there last week but didn't buy pellets. I actually went back this morning to oink up my stash a bit with the Prestos but to my surprise they had the Somersets...how can one pass those up? lololol

I couldn't pass sets if I saw them either! So I'd just buy both! ;em Might want to make another trip(when the wifey isn't looking) and grab a couple bags of the Pres-to-logs. I'm impressed with what I see this year! Dang hot as OMV sniffing a pellet trail!

Reactions: The Ds
Seems we might also want to consider boycotting HD as they aren't excepting the military discount(imacman reminded me). Except my TSC only has a couple of yuk brands! I have to see what Agway and my local pellet dealers have.

HD DOES have a military discount. They just changed the procedure. You have to register at the service desk and show them your credentials. Then they send you coupons via e-mail. Most are for 10%, but I have received a couple 5% and 1 15%. They also sent me a $20 gift card. From what I've seen everytime I use one they send another. So I think I'm ahead of the game this way over the straight 10%.

HD DOES have a military discount. They just changed the procedure. You have to register at the service desk and show them your credentials. Then they send you coupons via e-mail. Most are for 10%, but I have received a couple 5% and 1 15%. They also sent me a $20 gift card. From what I've seen everytime I use one they send another. So I think I'm ahead of the game this way over the straight 10%.

Whew! Presto's here we come!

When I signed up, they gave me 10% off on the spot.

Whew! Presto's here we come!

i fully agree...gonna grab 2 ton tomorrow if HD still has some

i picked up 2 bags the other day and couldnt beleive the differance in heat compared to the GT's i have burning

I take the Somersets do not come as far north as Maine?

Been a long time believer in the Presto's. . They are a great pellet at great prices..

All of those brands for $199/ton is awesome. All of my Lowes are around $5.97 a bag. For Green Supremes!!! Ridiculous

I'm only posting this here because everyone is really high on Somersets but the Lowes on MacArthur Rd. has Somersets, Greene Team, Prestos and Timber Heat for $4.18 a bag or $199 a ton contractor price. I bought 15 bags of Somersets and will probably be going back for more. They had many tons of each.

Also posted in the fuel price report...

Hey thanks for the info I'll have to check my local Lowe's.

J~ Your TSC is my TSC...what are the junk pellets they are selling now? Save me some presto's please...going to take a trip today for 15 bags.

J~ Your TSC is my TSC...what are the junk pellets they are selling now? Save me some presto's please...going to take a trip today for 15 bags.

Green Supreme's and Northeast where what they had last week. Pres-to-logs are producing less ash and a lot more heat for about the same price. Geez, there coming out of the wood work! I'd better hurry! Road trip!

Jay,.. yer making me go out and get some presto's,... i turned them up last week when I saw them at the store, (remembering your review),.. but now I gotta try em,

Jay,.. yer making me go out and get some presto's,... i turned them up last week when I saw them at the store, (remembering your review),.. but now I gotta try em,

I bet you'll like them. Please share what you think when you do try some.

Anyone burning blue labeled ligs this season? I bet they are also better these days. Ligs seems to have made some changes or found the issue with the fiber they were getting. I also don't notice the funny pungent smell they used to have.

I gotta stop reading and typing! These NWCT folks are gonna scarf up all the goods on me! ;em

Reactions: whlago
Jay...you're killing me!!!! was going to go back for Somersets but now I think I'm gonna grab some Prestos!!!!! Decisions decisions....lol

Jay...you're killing me!!!! was going to go back for Somersets but now I think I'm gonna grab some Prestos!!!!! Decisions decisions....lol
dont let him kid ya get the somersets ;) im sweating here watching you guys get ready to run out in the cold ==c

:p No set's near me! But you might wanna try some! Chicken? ::-)

Set's are much cleaner- Heat I'll give to the PTL's. I'd honestly choose the set's, But they aren't an option for me. So! >>

The heat difference in my Presto's, compared to Somersets is minimal (on my stove with my thermocouple, in my house/my conditions) there is about a 5°-10° temp difference. The ash is slightly heavier and darker, but ash dont worry me. Heat does. They are also a larger diameter pellet, dark color (thinking because its a blend), and majority of them are small pellets.

When you compare this to an alternative pellet (no names) it can be as much as 35°-40°…

Again. This is my stove, your results may vary.

If they ever make it out here again, I will be buying more. Somersets do burn cleaner. No doubt. But you wont go cold on the Presto's :)

Reactions: jtakeman
Here we go, you guys are taunting me so i order a load of Presto's arent ya :p

If they are better this year, than in years past, they may very well be Hotter than the Sets?

Now i am on the hunt for some Fresh Ones ;)

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.