"All Nighter Stove Works" Replica Jotul F118 Info??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greensngravy

Jan 18, 2017
This stove has the Glastonbury, CT info plate on the back and looks like a Jotul F118. Does anyone know if this is an American made stove as the plate says, or is it a Taiwanese import through the American company?

Attachments

• 01111_hiH3frqmy6X_1200x900.jpg
    01111_hiH3frqmy6X_1200x900.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 00u0u_9WZFSWfYU20_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_9WZFSWfYU20_600x450.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 376
Haven't heard of this model. All Nighters I've seen were Moes of one size or another. Got a front and side shot?

Last edited:
Thanks. It's sort of baffling that it has the All Nighter nameplate on it. This is a very reputable company the nameplate states that it was made at Plant M...wherever that is. Any thoughts? Or should I just take it at face value and assume it's made in the US and stop worrying that it is a Taiwanese knockoff?

Thanks. It's sort of baffling that it has the All Nighter nameplate on it. This is a very reputable company the nameplate states that it was made at Plant M...wherever that is. Any thoughts? Or should I just take it at face value and assume it's made in the US and stop worrying that it is a Taiwanese knockoff?
I will more photos in a few days.

I would trust the factory UL plate. This could be a rare stove. Makes it more interesting.

Thanks. It's sort of baffling that it has the All Nighter nameplate on it. This is a very reputable company ........

Before making that statement you better check your facts.
Their stoves made in the US were steel plate in the 1970's. (1978)
After the patent right lawsuits against Fisher, they scrapped a few loads of stove bodies with no doors that can be found with homemade doors. (They didn't make it to the scrap yard, but ended up in a workers garage for illegal resale) Next adventure was Trademarking someone elses stoves and named them Slim Glo (1980) Pudgy Glo, (82) and Cozy Glo (82). They also produced "The Woodburner" newspaper that featured their stoves.
There is a partial history on the Fisher Forum from when I attempted a history of the company years ago and deleted it online due to threats to myself from surviving family members.

Last edited:
So jrems or coaly, what do think happened here? I disassembled the stove and the bolts are all US threads. No "made in Taiwan" stamps anywhere. It weighs around 300+ pounds. No elk nature scenes on the side panels, just a leatherlike texture on all panels. I will try to post more pics. Has the cast side fire side protector panels, no cracks in the stove, also has the bottom cast protector plate. Hmmm... ????

On another note, I was thinking of spreading kitty litter granules down as a bed for the stove bottom. I also use this for lining my coal forge. It's pure clay. Any thoughts? Perhaps find an old cast grate and cut it to size and pour / spread it down as a matrix?

I didn't have proper tools, but I fabricated a new pair of side protector plates. They should work:
20170130_162202.jpg

Made from 0.25" steel plate. I tried to reheat and straighten the originals, but only got more cracking...

Last edited by a moderator: