All Nighter Stove Works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

estima8or

Nov 14, 2006
Is anyone familiar with All Nighter Stove Works of Glastonbury, Conneticut? I have a 'tiny' model, and want to install it in my outdoor workshop. I acquired the stove over fifteen years ago but do not have any literature concerning it or its proper installation. My workshop is a pole barn with board and batten wood siding and a tin roof, and concrete floor. IIf anyone has information on where I may be able to find any literature, and guide me on proper installation it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

MY grandfather has a mid-moe and the UL plate just gives the generic clearences of 36" from a combustible wall. The stoves don't have heat shields, so the safest way to install would definitely be to the generic codes.

Otherwise, its pretty standard. Did you have any specific questions regarding the installation?

As I said I am unfamaliar with the proper Codes, what type of vent pipe is necessary. I am planning on going out the wall and up the outside over the eave. What specific Code governs these installations - NFPA?

The chimney for all woodstoves is pretty much the same......you must use Class A and install it just like you were installing in a residence. The chimney which you select will cover installation. Yes, use generic NFPA stove clearances and reductions for that model. I have an old ad from them in my pic gallery, and might even have specs on a different model - I will look.

https://www.hearth.com/gallery/pics/ads/source/allnighter.html

is the ad

My grandfather's Mid moe is on it's 27th year and to be honest, that stove doesn't owe any of us a thing. Never even had to replace a firebrick. Unbelievable.

Unfortuanately, my 'workshop' doubles as the garage....mowers, etc. so space is limited. I had the idea of hanging a squirrel cage fan above the unit to help circulate the heat. I have heard of heat sheilds - what types of material work best?

No, they've been out of business for some time.

Craig knows the story better than me. I do know though, that the founder of All Nighter, James Moranda was sued by Fisher stoves for misappropriation of trade secrets. He copied a list of Fisher dealers before forming his own stove company and using the fisher dealer list to find dealers for his own stoves.

But that's beside the fact. Be careful with wood stoves in builds where gasoline filled equipment or other liquids are stored. There are codes against it, and besides that, it defies safe logic.

estima8or said:
Unfortuanately, my 'workshop' doubles as the garage....mowers, etc. so space is limited. I had the idea of hanging a squirrel cage fan above the unit to help circulate the heat. I have heard of heat sheilds - what types of material work best?

FWIW, Having a wood-fired appliance in an area where gasoline is stored is a real bad idea. That is one of the primary reasons woodstoves are not allowed in garages.

Thanks! That's sound advice...I'll have to rethink the usefulness of installing the stove in the 'barn'. I would still like to research the stove though. Since the stove has a UL listing, is it possible to obtain literature from them on the 'tiny'? I am guessing that my Code inspector would require manufacturers recommendations for the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.