All set for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhagerty

Jan 10, 2011
Southern NH
I pulled the trigger and ordered 3 tons of Cleanfire from woodpellets.com, combined that with the 3 tons I'm sitting on (Green Team, Maine Woods, Maine's Choice and Amercian Wood Pellets) I'm set for 2012.

Got a pretty good price as they came down $10 per ton to $239 a ton. I burned 3 tones of them this year and they were great for me, hot and pretty clean, very low dust. I'm finshing up a ton of Stove Chow now, althrough a good shoulder season pellet (cheap - got the ton for $165) I have never seen so much dust from a bag of pellets! As you pour them in a cloud of dust comes out of the bag.

I also plan on heading to my local Lowes to continue to pick up pellets and build up the stash. I was there this past weekend and they had about 40 tons out back! The manager said he was a little worried that he may not be able to sell them all...I told him, no worries, they will go if you keep the price low.

How low is low? Lowes down in here ct are back to $6 a bag. :( for Greene Team .

Last week at the Lowes in Epping, NH they were $4.29 a bag, if I remember correctly. I'll be heading there tomorrow so I'll check the price and post again.

Just had 3 tons of Maine Wood Pellets delivered this morning. $209/ton
Helped Steve get them off the trailer! Great guy to do business with!!

**Note: The pellets were still warm!! Manufactured in the last 2 days!! FRESH!!**

AlanDean777 said:
My lowes will price match (Colorado). I always give them Walmarts price of $3.98 for Penningtons, they have to call and verify but I don't mind.
Question, If they price match Penningtons for Penningtons, how are you any better off than just where you are buying them? Just curious. Can't imagine they price match Penningtons for some other brand of pellet.

save$ said:
AlanDean777 said:
My lowes will price match (Colorado). I always give them Walmarts price of $3.98 for Penningtons, they have to call and verify but I don't mind.
Question, If they price match Penningtons for Penningtons, how are you any better off than just where you are buying them? Just curious. Can't imagine they price match Penningtons for some other brand of pellet.

Most of the box stores just charge one set price no matter what brand there peddling. To them wood pellets are all the same.

save$ said:
AlanDean777 said:

They don't ask or care about the brand. They price match 40lb bag for 40lb bag. And as for the penningtons, I have had great luck with them especially for the price.

AlanDean777 said:
save$ said:
AlanDean777 said:

They don't ask or care about the brand. They price match 40lb bag for 40lb bag. And as for the penningtons, I have had great luck with them especially for the price.

Didn't intend to infer that Penningtons were a poor pellet. In this area, at Walmart they are among the "lowest priced" pellets to be found. Other brands costing much more.
I burn Maine Woods Pellets, AKA Athens, which had a horrid past history, but now is a really decent pellet. Cost of that pellet here is really low when you consider what they have to pay for the same product in New Hampshire and Mass.
I am really surprised that Lowes doesn't care what brand their pellets are. In the North East, Lowes prices are all over the place. Glad it is working for you.

This year I am buying all my pellets this spring/summer from my two local pellet mills. They are not my favorites, but good pellets and all local so what the hell. If I buy them end of may first of June, they will give me a better deal. $215 a ton. Not great but ok deal and worth knowing it is local and in storage incase the world disaster gets worse and drives prices up.

Status
Not open for further replies.