All you guys and your leaf blowers,,,,,,,,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I wanna do it too!!!! unfortunately the vent of my stove is about 12 feet from my neighbor's (the nice one) white house.
And here's a dillema, my stove is corner mounted, out stove to 45, 1 foot piece, another 45, then out the wall to cleanout tee, then up 4 feet to 90, then cap.
I cannot get my linteater to do the 45's in the house, nor can i get it to go 90 degrees from the bottom of the cleanout tee to go inside, only up, and disconnecting the stove from the first 45 or at the stove coupling is a real PIA.
How bout I block off the top of the outside stack, (remove or cover cap), and attack leaf blower to bottom of cleanout tee?
Then I'll just wait till spring to use lint eater on pipe that goes from stove out the wall by disconnecting the tee? A four -way tee would be great, but are they pricey!!! Is it crucial that I brush the pipe before using blower?
I will use double pillow case idea, or better yet, grab some of these from work:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/PENTEK-Filter-Bag-1YBC4

I also have access to 5 micron,,,,

Think that'll work ?

John

That should work... the LBT is primarily used to clean the lightweight ash from the stove anywho. It also cleans the vent but it isn't as effective as a brush for stuck on ash and creosote.

Good luck....

I bought a long piece of flexible shop vac hose and some cheap 4" ADS pipe (flexible black plastic). I attach the 4" pipe
to the side of the ladder, the flexible hose to the blower, then stuff the hose into the pipe on the ladder.
The end of the pipe on the ladder is 6" off the ground. Duct tape the few seams and Fire it up.
All the heavy mess is blown into the grass. Very little mess flying around. No smoke show, but works well.
Next time I should take pics. :shut:

There is a vid on you tube where some one uses the bag left on the leaf blower. Bag catches most of the black monster. Use that method and do it after sun set, or watch to see when your neighbor is away. I don't get soot all over my house when I do the leaf blower so I don't see how it is going to soil your neighbors house siding.

Status
Not open for further replies.