Allagash fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polly

Nov 25, 2010
Cape Cod
Hi All
Well am loving the stove for sure, but wondering if the logs are put in correctly and if there is just ONE way to put in the logs.
I sprinkled the embers and they look good but what I notice is on the right hand side of firebox the flame is much higher than on the left, even in low position.
Thinking that is I move some of the coals from the low side of the fire this is going to up the flame?
Does anyone have a pic of a Jotul Allagash fire?
Thanks much!
Polly

The burner is designed to burn correctly with the logs in only one position. If the fire is higher on one side the the other add more embers to the low side. The Jotul burner acts a little like a garden hose. The more pressure (embers) you have on the burner the higher the flame will go.

jotulguy said:
The burner is designed to burn correctly with the logs in only one position. If the fire is higher on one side the the other add more embers to the low side. The Jotul burner acts a little like a garden hose. The more pressure (embers) you have on the burner the higher the flame will go.

WOW! I was thinking just the opposite as thought that I need to clear the embers! Thanks for the info.

Your stove is burning correctly, leave your embers alone.
If you were to look at the stainless steel burner pan
BEFORE you added the embers, you'd see that the holes
on the right rear are larger in diameter & grouped together.
This pattern will give you a larger flame in that area
& ALL the Allagash units - since the tube to pan burner change -
have this pattern.
A natural wood fire will have large & small flames & the Jotul gas
units attempt to imitate that look.

Status
Not open for further replies.