Allegheny County offers ‘bounty’ for woodstoves, boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of these laws are aimed at the OWB that sits and smolders day and night. These things can be hard on close neighbors.

Where do you see me blaming it on one side or the other? nowhere, that's where.
Yeah, this particular program is voluntary.....that's how all that chit started out in Oregon and Washington state, too.....look at it out there now....

I'm chilling just fine, had me several Redd's Apple Ales a bit ago, may even go out back and sit around my smoke-belching campfire here in a little bit!!:p==c

I'm glad WA and OR took leadership here. We are the heart of stove country (look at how many stoves are built here) due in part to an enormous amount of big trees and logging. We also have a topography that traps air pollutants in between large mountain ranges making for a fetid soup when there is a temperature inversion and a lot of wood smoke. EPA stoves have really helped clean this up and heat better using less fuel. What is not to like? Are higher respiratory bills for thousands of people a better alternative?

I'm also glad that regs cause my "don't give a damn" neighbor to cease from burning his smudge pot of a fireplace during phase 1 and 2 bans. That one fireplace stinks up the entire neighborhood with billowing smoke, but he doesn't give a damn. Thinks it's his "right" to burn as he pleases.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.