Allegheny Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pjmac

Jan 23, 2006
Coshocton, Ohio
Hi all, I have been lurking for some time now and have been soaking up all of the information on this site. Great site by the way !
I have had my Harman XXV up and running for a week now but was wondering if anybody has burnt any Allegheny wood pellets?
I bought a ton of these when I got my stove and they seems to be a lot of ash. I don't know what to expect since this is the only
brand I have burnt. I love my stove and love the heat. I had a wood stove for six or seven years and this is much easier and cleaner. It sound like the stove will get a work out this weekend it is going to be in the single digits and highs in the twenties here in Ohio. Stay warm all.

pjmac

This year, you could consider yourself lucky if you had any pellets regardless of brand. Don't know much about allegheny, but people were paying $500.00 per ton or more on Ebay for pellets I know are cr@p.

yup....burned allegheny pellets in our floor model XXV. They burned fine, saw no real difference between them and New England Pellets, which we also burned. It may SEEM like alot of ash, but remember, the ash bin is alot smaller on the XXV. I think Allegheny is a fine pellet, on par with New England. We sell them both.

HarryBack said:
yup....burned allegheny pellets in our floor model XXV. They burned fine, saw no real difference between them and New England Pellets, which we also burned. It may SEEM like alot of ash, but remember, the ash bin is alot smaller on the XXV. I think Allegheny is a fine pellet, on par with New England. We sell them both.

Did that pellet train ever come Harry or have they put ya off til May? :)

heck no! Pinnacle Pellets! Bah! We waited and waited, called and called, finally got an answer! That car of pellets we were waiting for? Oh! They got sold and sent to Europe! I guess Europe is closer than New England, easier to arrange shipment, because Im SURE they wouldnt resell them to someone who is paying more and making more of a profit selling to Europe than us...that would be ethically wrong, wouldnt it? So, no, roac, we never did get them....doesnt look like we will either.....

Status
Not open for further replies.