Almost finished ... just in time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow1

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2008
Eastern MA
Well, I put the grout in this morning before work, then loaded the stove onto the truck at work (had it delivered to the loading dock there). So... almost had the hearth pad finished in time! I just need to wait 3 days to seal the grout then I figure it should be safe to put the stove on it a few days later... probably sooner than that but I'd rather be patient and safe than discover that the mortar under the tile didn't cure/dry/? in time (that was done on Sunday night).

So - I keep hearing that it isn't real without a picture or two so here you go. The new pad... Raised up just a bit and deeper than required so that we can sit on it in front of the fire if we want to... well, if we don't have the gate around it.

I should take a picture of the back end of my truck hanging 3" out of the garage because it doesn't fit and I have no way of unloading the stove... figure it's better to be in there if/when it rains between now and when I can get some help unloading but that would be a bit depressing I'm afraid.

Attachments

• CIMG1967.JPG
    CIMG1967.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 252
  • CIMG1968.JPG
    CIMG1968.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 278
Looks great, but one question for you. Will you have room to load your stove on that right side?

Not a problem - they built the stove with the door on the left for me. Now wasn't that nice of them? They even taught my wife how to buff scratches out of the stone with steel wool... not that I ever expect she'll be the one to do it if it is needed. Ha!

Now I will still have to reach around to get to the controls on the right side, but I have about 18" on the right to do that and I hope that will do the trick... I'll just have to be nimble and quick :)

Good deal. It shouldn't be that big of a deal with the left door, just remember to flip the bypass before going to the other side to reload. Got a love Woodstock service.

Status
Not open for further replies.