Almost New Mt Vernon - No thermostat display and clicking sound from left side of insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichterVA

Jan 7, 2012
Northern VA
I have a 1 week old mt vernon ae insert that stopped working tonight. It was working fine but since I woke up on the couch the thermostat has had nothing on the display -- totally blank like its unplugged. I looked into the left side of the insert and something in there is making a rapid clicking sound that only goes away if I unplug the stove. The unit is totally inoperable. Help!

I'd check the thermostat wiring to make sure it didn't become detached or loose.

Beyond that, I'd be on the phone with the dealer.

John97 said:
I'd check the thermostat wiring to make sure it didn't become detached or loose.

Beyond that, I'd be on the phone with the dealer.

x2

Sounds like the POWER SUPPLY is bad. I have seen this before but it's not common. Your dealer should have one in stock.

How wet is it?

Eric

The area around the insert and the insert itself is totally dry. If you're referring to the pellets, they are Turmans and have been sitting in my dry garage since delivery.

You guys nailed it. It was a bad power supply. Dealer diagnosed it over the phone and came out and swapped it same day. Back running again. Thanks!

Glad you are back in business.

Quick question: do you have your stove running on a good quality surge protector or UPS?

Mt Vernon Heat said:
Sounds like the POWER SUPPLY is bad. I have seen this before but it's not common. Your dealer should have one in stock.

Welcome Mt Vernon Heat, Thanks for pitching in on the diagnostics! Looks like you nailed it. ;-)

j-takeman said:
Mt Vernon Heat said:

Welcome Mt Vernon Heat, Thanks for pitching in on the diagnostics! Looks like you nailed it. ;-)

With his 1st and only post... Knocked it out of the park. But where did he go??

Seems like a guy to have around.

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
Mt Vernon Heat said:

With his 1st and only post... Knocked it out of the park. But where did he go??

Seems like a guy to have around.

Sure hope he sticks around! ;-)

oldmountvernon said:
Damn those Mt Vernon guys are alright !

Mt. who??? hehe just kiddin! :cheese:

Thanks for the good words guys! Been reading for some time but very busy with the shop. I'll try to get on more often. More of a phone guy. (OLD SCHOOL) Glad I could help.

Mt Vernon Heat said:
Thanks for the good words guys! Been reading for some time but very busy with the shop. I'll try to get on more often. More of a phone guy. (OLD SCHOOL) Glad I could help.

Make sure you stick around, we don't all have an indestructible sherwood. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.