Almost perfect day to be in the woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work Sav, I was looking at that saw in the shop last week just looking. It looks like you have perfect working conditions, send some of that this way.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Those ash will be no problem dropping. And for sure, limbing those spruce should be done with a small saw. Really saves the body and I actually think it goes faster with the small saw.

Our 1-2" last night never came nor has the 1-3" today. Now they've cut down to 3-7" tonight but it does not look that way to me. It will have to grow a lot to amount to anything. More predicted tomorrow. I think this is another case of crying, "Wolf!"

Come on snow the mushrooms need it.

Oh Dennis????? Is the plow hooked up? :D

Zap, how much did you get.

Yesterdaty was my near perfect day; almost 60, no wind and quiet, very quiet then I started my saw and blew the whole scene!;lol

Oh Dennis????? Is the plow hooked up? :D

Zap, how much did you get.
Just came in from plowing the driveway and the trails to the wood stacks, I think we had 5-6 inches of light snow last night which is still falling. Just having a coffee then maybe a bite to eat then hit the driveway again later on, maybe push some wood in before the nasty stuff hits.( If it does?)

Since we bought the pulley setup for the Moose Plow it works great, I'll call my neighbor to see if his is done, maybe plow another neighbor in just for fun!;)

Don't hit any more trees zap! We got about 6 inches or so. Driveway is done with the blower. Sun is peeking out as well ! :)

Never hit them, maybe a wood stack, not a tree!:eek: I'm not sure how much more we'll get today but I just saw on TV that we'll get 2-4 inches overnight, looks like a total of 6-12 for us.

For our area tonight fom NOAA.
ACCUMULATIONS...10 TO 16 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS
OVER SOUTHEAST VERMONT.

* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATE...1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR...MAINLY EARLY
SATURDAY MORNING.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO TONIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF ON
SATURDAY.

* IMPACTS...AREA ROADWAYS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND HAZARDOUS
TRAVEL IS EXPECTED.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...HIGHS 12 TO 22. LOWS 3 TO 9 ABOVE.

Looks like we are getting out of it fairly easy so far at my place. It is hard to tell with the wind blowing everything around, but I don't think we have any more than 4-5 inches here.

I could go out and fill it back in with snow!

Reactions: zap
Maybe tomorrow. Sun is about to set and I'm already sitting. Besides, the temp is falling and I don't want to.

Reactions: PapaDave
Maybe tomorrow. Sun is about to set and I'm already sitting. Besides, the temp is falling and I don't want to.
I don't blame you. The wife cooked up some Chili with some Venison that a friend gave us, some nice homemade bread to go with it.
;)

Pay no attention to zap Dennis, he's still upset about the rhino and wood piles! :p

How does tomorrow around 11am sound? I think Pete is coming as well.

Pay no attention to zap Dennis, he's still upset about the rhino and wood piles! :p

How does tomorrow around 11am sound? I think Pete is coming as well.
I just got off the phone with Sav, he just came in from plowing in your Pine, tell Pete to bring a shovel.

I'm sure ol Backwoods did a fine job clearing a lane to the pine. I bet he DIDN'T even hit any wood piles zap. Maybe he can write down a few pointers for ya? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.