ALMOST THERE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, for me, its almost time to gear up again and I havent even cleaned the chimney yet from last season. If the past holds true, I will have my first fire the end of September, thats only 2 months away!

Adirondackwoodburner said:
Well, for me, its almost time to gear up again and I havent even cleaned the chimney yet from last season. If the past holds true, I will have my first fire the end of September, thats only 2 months away!

I refuse to start before dec.1st this year! (see how that works out)

I hope to get to November 1st before burning. I'm certain I'll have to heat with gas once or twice in October but I hope to get through most of the month before going all-in.

If the past holds true, I will have my first fire the end of September, thats only 2 months away!

We are always burning at the camp by the end of September...it gets cold up in those hills.

where is the camp located?

near Speculator

ahh, only a 30 minute ride up 30 for me

That's pretty counrty. My folks are from Little Falls and St. Johnsville in the Mohawk Valley. All my relatives burned wood into their 80's. One used to burn the ash baseball bat scraps and seconds.

All the best,
Mike P

ahh, only a 30 minute ride up 30 for me

and a beautiful one at that...we come up route 8, its like spending 1/2 an hour in a postcard especially in late September.

yup, sure is. we get lots of leaf peepers in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.