Almost Time, Just Saying....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty damn good, Hogz! When I called around for pricing, the previous homeowners oil co. referred to me as a "every 7-10 day'er."

Sorry to hear about that back trouble. Fall is nigh on the horizon.

Please don't tell me that means you need an oil fill every 7-10 days? I hear my wallet crying in my back pocket if that is the case.

Please don't tell me that means you need an oil fill every 7-10 days? I hear my wallet crying in my back pocket if that is the case.
Yes, but really only thru the coldest part of winter (Jan/Feb), before we had the stoves installed and running.

It has been really dry on Long Island for the past few months. Last couple of nights the temps have dropped enough to make it feel chilly and remind me Winter is coming.

It was 45 F here in Icey Hollow this morning at 6 AM. I left windows open last night and woke to a house temp of 58 F. If the door for the PE wasn't in the machine shop, I would have fired that puppy off :mad:

Reactions: vinny11950
Yeah, agreed.oddly it seems every year the trees seem to drop their leaves sooner which would say to me winter is coming but that don't seem to be the case in South Central PA. Last year I noticed the Sycamore in Halifax turning in September which seemed early to me, this year August yet we are having the hottest weather of the year. My paper birch is similar.

The time of the year where I stare at my stacks and wonder if I have enough, though I have never burned as much as I have currently in one year I still wonder. What if I move this here and put that there maybe I can fit another cord just in case. After six years I would think the apprehension every year would subside but every year it is the same.

Surely that time of the year when I do have the itching to fire up the stove, which as others said by January I'll be grumbling. Also that time of the year that I can't wait to be here every evening to feel like my obsession is normal.

Thank you awesome people and welcome to the newbies.

Reactions: Ash
well, im officially back in my office at Tech Support for the season as of this week, Playtime is over for me until the spring;)

If that means we will see you here more often again I have a hard time feeling sorry for you. ;)

It's very good to see you back again Mike.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Took this picture out in the side garden yesterday. It's coming.

IMG_2202web.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Mike.

Deepest condolences from all of us, and huge snuffles from Dix & Matisse.

Looks like a few of us in the northeast will be lighting off this Sunday - low temps in the lower 40's some higher terrain will see 30's. I guess summer is really over.

Status
Not open for further replies.