Almost time to go find some loging permits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAred

Nov 18, 2005
Can't wait to go get my logging permits and head up to the woods and get some wood.
Maybe some chaps are in order?
I admit I'm new at this lets hope a don't become pinned by a 7'' lodge pole this summer luckily they don't go over 16 feet. and half of it you don't have to split! you guys out east have to deal with some seroius trees! I think I'll be alright But I'm studying the chain saw handbook for tips and tricks!!!:)

LOdge pole pine, Your getin burned! I love felling trees

Chainsaw rant by JARED

In the woods alone bring a fully charged cell phone. good luck Work smaller easier trees first. Get a handle on you own abilities and skills. Don't forget simple things like rope possibly a comealong and first aid kit

Status
Not open for further replies.