Alright, I finally gave in...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
First fire of the season... It broke 50 degrees outside and I have 3 cords of oak, I just had to lite some!

I am trying to be good. The wood boxes on the deck are locked and loaded and the kindling box is full but dang it I just do not want to pull that trigger yet.

Supposed to be in th 40's tonight but I will just pray for a lot of sun early. Like that will make any difference since the house is surrounded with 70+ foot trees with the leaves still on them.

I will wait till October. I will wait till October. I will wait...

Heck, I have the scrap stuff that I usually fill the wheel barrow with and burn that until the real cold hits. I have 2 little guys under 5 so I can not let it hit 60 in the house... I know what you mean about waiting though... I just finally said I WANT a fire :)

My wife was lobbying to fire up the stove tonight, but she's ALWAYS cold.

I just can't bring myself to light it yet.

-SF

Well, I gave in.......sorta! The kids have been on me to light it so I snuck a candle in when no one was watching ;-P
They got a good laugh from it.

These sunny days have been getting the house up to 75. Gets maybe down to 65 late at night. We have a low 50's daytime, mid 30's low coming this week. Oh yeah!

I'm still trying to get the stove installed in the next two to three weeks. I had a bunch of people over and I had to turn on the OIL heat. Left it on for an hour or two and then shut her down. Took the chill out of the air and it only had to heat the house 6 degrees or so. Up until then I left the windows open all the time so it was in the low 60's outside, so it was in the low 60's inside.

First Alaskan system just dropped in last night. Looks like our endless summer just ended. 48 now, but I'll let the heat pump deal with it today. Maybe a fire tonight?

Next I've got to get the Jotul hooked up in the greenhouse.

Furnace kicked on for the first time this morning. I'll be tempted to light a fire tonight, but we'll see. Supposed to warm up again for the rest of the week.

We let ours go out but will probably have to start it again this afternoon. It didn't get all that low last night but still in the 40's. However, the stove was still pretty warm from the fire yesterday morning so it stayed decent overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.