Altera CI1250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy123

Mar 5, 2011
PA
Anyone have this insert? Reviews?

One of the best looking units I have ever seen in my opinion.

Attachments

• Regency.jpg
    Regency.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 525
Contemporary look. Small firebox, small logs, shorter burns, low heat output (42K +/-)...
But, if it's the only thing that'll fit your existing fireplace, it'll beat the crap out of burning
dinosaurs...

I've sold some of the freestanding version of the Alterra. Just about anything Regency does in wood is gonna be top notch quality.

The BTU output seems to be on par with the Napoleon 1101 but it is a lot nicer looking. My firebox opening is 37 x 27, so that would make a nice fit.

How much room would you say this could heat with a fan near the unit?

The heat output at +/- 42K will heat about 1000 sf (On average) IF you can get it there.
It will depend on how well the house is insulated. More insulation = more BTU/SF...
If your house is broken up into a bunch of small rooms, moving heat to
them will be the real challenge. Never know til ya try...
37 x 27 is a pretty good sized fire place & will hold a bigger unit than the 1250...

DAKSY said:
The heat output at +/- 42K will heat about 1000 sf (On average) IF you can get it there.
It will depend on how well the house is insulated. More insulation = more BTU/SF...
If your house is broken up into a bunch of small rooms, moving heat to
them will be the real challenge. Never know til ya try...
37 x 27 is a pretty good sized fire place & will hold a bigger unit than the 1250...

My main level is around 900 sf, so this would fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.