Aluminum Foil on Temperture Guage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

menchhofer

Jan 10, 2006
Indiana
If I remember corectly, I read somewhere about a trick to place aluminum foil on the temperture guage to "mark" the highest temperature of the stove. Did I read it here and if so, please refresh my memory as to how the foil is placed on the guage? Seems to be a good idea. Thanks

I made a small L shaped piece of foil. Stood it up and let the needle push it as far as the highest temp for that load. Cheers!

I just use a small balled up piece of foil that is heavy enough so the blower doesn't move it but the needle can. Just place it in the path of the needle and where the needle stops it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.