Am I a Dumb %#&?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wendell said:
Not to get in the way of the boy's little spat but lay the chain on a flat surface. It makes it MUCH easier!

no spat from me just dont like the new kid getting beat on! lol

Sorry, but not a Knick fan here. I been a Hollywood Faker as long as I can remember. Before Kobe was even born :smirk:

But um . . .no Wen, you've never had 3 loops in a complete saw chain. As someone likes to say, Pictures, or it didn't happen. And if it's in a pic, the chain was broken or the pic was photoshopped.

This gonna boil down to a technicality.......as I counted 5 loops in a chain I unraveled the other day

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Sorry, but not a Knick fan here. I been a Hollywood Faker as long as I can remember. Before Kobe was even born :smirk:

But um . . .no Wen, you've never had 3 loops in a complete saw chain. As someone likes to say, Pictures, or it didn't happen. And if it's in a pic, the chain was broken or the pic was photoshopped.

3 loops no problem may be tommorw time I get out of here will be late got a shag bark coming down in the am. with a video for this sweeet tree....its all about how you count the loops circle a circle......will not be breaking any chains to pull this thing of I dont even own a chain break!

Maybe I define loops differently then the guys claimin they've had odd # of loops . . .?

To me, a saw chain with three 'circles' is a chain with two loops. If you want to call that three loops, then you can't have two or any other even number.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Maybe I define loops differently then the guys claimin they've had odd # of loops . . .?

To me, a saw chain with three 'circles' is a chain with two loops. If you want to call that three loops, then you can't have two or any other even number.

lol loop is a loop!

ISeeDeadBTUs said:

I'm with you on this. loops come in dbls. I think there must be some loose loop or something that people aren't counting.

WOW! Look what I started :lol: I was just being funny when I gave examples of 2, then 4, 3 then 1....................I really wasn't counting I was cussing! I messed around with the old chain and can do it much faster now!

OK then... liar, liar, pants on fire.

Jags said:
I'm still waiting for pics. I can see in my head how odd numbers can happen.

its just the way you count some will see it as two loops or two tangles or two crossover, where some will see it as 3 loops because thats what it really is..."if your seeing odd #'s your are counting loops" if you are seeing even#'s you are counting kinks or crossover's...

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

its just the way you count some will see it as two loops or two tangles or two crossover, where some will see it as 3 loops because thats what it really is..."if your seeing odd #'s your are counting loops" if you are seeing even#'s you are counting kinks or crossover's...

Shouldn't you be out taking pictures? :lol:

Ha - I'm just pulling your leg Jay.

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

Shouldn't you be out taking pictures? :lol:

Ha - I'm just pulling your leg Jay.

I could make a diagram with pic's but it is just a stupid thread and how some people see one thing and others see something different and there are some who have dick with chains so long that they can count both ways.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.