Am I being unreasonable? Tree removal question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is unreasonable to make the offer, but it sounds like he thinks he has more productive ways to spend his time. I think the unreasonable part is not keeping all of the free oak for yourself. You'll never get easier or cheaper firewood than trees dropped and bucked in your own yard. Use a maul, split a few each day, and in no time you'll be in shape and have a pile of free wood.

Keep all the wood,either rent a splitter or use sledge/maul & wedges.I'm 47,still in great shape (though 25+ yrs of working construction & logging are starting to take their toll). Just take your time,dont try to do it all in one day or even a week.Your body tells you when enough is enough for one day,pay attention to it,then STOP!

I didn't read the answers. Did anybody suggest you get 1/3 he get's 2/3? That's what I kinda thought we decided the going rate was for this sort of job.

Danno77 said:
I didn't read the answers. Did anybody suggest you get 1/3 he get's 2/3?

Jags did - several posts back. ;-P

Jags said:
Danno77 said:

Well, I'd listen to this Jags, character. But only this one time. he sounds shady.

Danno77 said:
Jags said:
Danno77 said:

Well, I'd listen to this Jags, character. But only this one time. he sounds shady.

And probably a real nut case to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.