Am I circulating alright?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
Good morning wood burners!

We FINALLY have our Fisher honey bear stove in and working, first fire was yesterday. Thank you all so much for helping, I couldn't have done it without the hearth forum members :) The stove is in our kitchen, it was the best place for us since living room is all carpet (didn't wanna clean up the wood mess) and we have a second floor that is above the living room and 1st floor bedroom...but we never really use the upstairs bedrooms. My main concern is getting warm air into the bedroom on the first floor. I have placed fans where I think they should go. The blue "dots" are fans that are pointing towards the stove down low. I'm thinking maybe I should have another fan up high blowing warm air towards the bedroom.

Also, we turning on the bedroom ceiling fan backwards pull some more hot air into the room?

Thanks all! :cheese:

And yes, I suck at MS paint...lol.

FloorPlan.jpg

How about a couple of those between wall fans from HD mounted up in the walls. Or the kind that pulls from the top of one room and blows out at the bottom on the adjoining room/

Reverse the switch on the fan blades. to pull cool air from below to mix with hot. Determine if the wall parition is load bearing or not. If its not load bearing remove the wall or cut and frame out for a though hole, bute square in shape.

To warm the bedroom, put the fan in the bedroom pointing out - dont fret about getting angles ideally pointed down the hall - air leaving the room will be replaced by warmer air.

Do your best to notice what the heat is doing naturally, and work with it. I spent the odd night dropping little tufts of dog fur from our sherphard/samoyed mix and watching them drift. - Learned alot about airflow that way.

In theory, all you need is one low fan at the red dot blowing cold air towards the stove.
However, your stairs are going to make getting hot air to that bedroom very difficult. I assume they're open to the second floor with no door at top or bottom? If that's the case, your warm air returning from the stove is gonna head straight up at the stairs and never make it to the bedroom. Your red dot fan will then be mostly pushing the cold air cascading down the stairs from above, rather than cold air from the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.