am I looking for another excuse to grab a cold beer from the fridge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewmo

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2006
Topsham, ME
I once heard somewhere, maybe it was a college roommate from who-knows-where NH, that if you throw an aluminum can into your stove occassionally, your chimney will be cleaner. Any truth to this? Do I need another excuse to grab a beer from the fridge?

Any excuse to grab another beer works for me

This was discussed in the old forum unfortunately those discussions are gone.

However it was determined to be an old wife's tale

Not sure about a cleaner chimney, but I do burn cans in my outdoor cast iron chiminea (sp?). I find if I burn enough, I end up with a nice chunk of fairly 'pure' aluminum in the spring that fits in the truck for the ride to the junkyard a lot better than crushed cans. Not sure if this is environmentally kosher or not, but sure gets rid of the extra can evidence when I tell SheGotz that I've only had a few.

I've started recycling again since I am drinking some brews nearly every day! LOL! I bought a few large plastic trash cans (50 gallons each) that has wheels, and when they are all filled, I cash in to help pay for a new liver. Recycling money is a reason to "grab another beer!"

Honestly, ...I am 43 years old, and my doctor said my liver looks great!

detmurds said:
I've started recycling again since I am drinking some brews nearly every day! LOL! I bought a few large plastic trash cans (50 gallons each) that has wheels, and when they are all filled, I cash in to help pay for a new liver. Recycling money is a reason to "grab another beer!"

Honestly, ...I am 43 years old, and my doctor said my liver looks great!

Hey man, just follow my mantra...

Between modern medicine and the Chinese prison system, I'm going to live forever.

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.