Am I nuts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafattkidd

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2007
Long Island
I have a Napoleon 1101 insert. I originally wanted the 1402 which has a bigger firebox, and two fans as opposed to one in mine. My installer is a butt head. He got me the 1101. Blah blah blah. I've had this insert since February. I've been pretty happy with it. I would really like a larger firebox for longer burn times, but can't really afford to upgrade and my wife would kill me if I spent any more money replacing the stove that we just had installed. I saw this ad on Craig's list. http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/2059518845.html

Is this an upgrade for me? It has an 18"x 18" fire box. But seems to be old. I asked the owner how old it is and what kind of use it's had and he doesn't know. He just bought the house last year and is looking to get rid of it. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Yes, yer nuts. :)

As an advocate for stand alone wood stoves, and not inserts, I vote "don't buy it." Buy a stand-alone unit. You'll have better radiant heat, if nothing else. (Unless of course, all you are "into" is the "pretty" of a fire).

-Soupy1957

BeGreen, Thanks, man. I thought so too. I'm just going to but everything I can down to 12" and stick with my little monster. I think I can make this little insert work.

Soupy, I know stand alones put out a lot more radiating heat, and tend to be less expensive. But that's not really an option for me. I don't have to square footage to sacrifice. I'm going to stick with what I got. Plus my wife and I do not like it too hot in one room. One thing I really like about this insert is the fan does a good job of pushing the heat out of the room and down the hall.

Thanks for your input guys.

You ordered the 1402 and the dealer got you an 1101, and you let him get away with that?
Yes you are nuts my friend!
It's ok though i am often accused of being nuts

If you really aren't happy with it then call the dealer, explain to him that his mistake is not working out for you and see if you can work something out. Maybe he can take back the stove and get you the one you want for less that you would pay for a used stove. If he really did make that mistake then I would think he would be willing to work something out with you

krex1010 said:
You ordered the 1402 and the dealer got you an 1101, and you let him get away with that?
Yes you are nuts my friend!
It's ok though i am often accused of being nuts

Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.