Amazing Summer Hearth.com party!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Web,

I like two of the ideas set forth in this thread.

A Vermont tour to VC, Heat-fab, etc. maybe even somewhere like Timberwolf would be fun and informative.

Also the idea of getting together to show each other our toys (chain saws, wood splitters, etc) and pictures while eating well and drinking beer (just one of course!!).

I’d be up for either or both.

Ok Webmaster (aka WebWizard). Gotta come up with a way to webcast for the more fortunate, that is the ones that don't live in New England.

The virtual bus as it were.

BrotherBart said:
Gotta come up with a way to webcast for the more fortunate, that is the ones that don't live in New England.

The virtual bus as it were.

Oh, no... that could be a little scary!!! Get a bunch of folks together who enjoy burning, powertools, chainsaws, splitters, bikes, etc. all converging on one place?? Probably better than most of the "reality shows" made today, but you've heard the saying..... "what happens in (pick a place), stays in (same place)"

Harley said:
Oh, no... that could be a little scary!!! Get a bunch of folks together who enjoy burning, powertools, chainsaws, splitters, bikes, etc. all converging on one place?? Probably better than most of the "reality shows" made today, but you've heard the saying..... "what happens in (pick a place), stays in (same place)"

That sounds like what used to be called "BB's Bridge Parties" around here. Every Friday night a bunch of guys and gals would gather on my bridge down by the road with dogs, weapons, new tools, grills and beverages in tow.

It officially became known as the Northern Virginia Beer and Bullets Association. Actually had that custom lettered on my mailbox for a couple of years.

I have got to get down there and meet you sometime, BB. Maybe buy you a beer. You're starting to remind me of Hunter Thompson.

Eric Johnson said:
I have got to get down there and meet you sometime, BB. Maybe buy you a beer. You're starting to remind me of Hunter Thompson.

I have mellowed in my old age. But hey, I was all ready to come down to Richmond to see ya at the show last year.

I'm reading all these posts...we gotta get it going. I'm going to "post/start a new thread" and take Webs' (and everybodies ideas) and "build it"...hoping "they will come"...I'll put it together and make it happen if everyone is serious enough about it!

How's Saturday May 20th/Sunday May 21st sound???

You know Corie...I didn't even think of that (Graduation Time...for College/HS). I was trying to avoid the weekend of Mothers Day...grrr

Gotta check into it...I don't think the "Mom's" would like it too much if the boys were celebrating plaing with saws and splitters on that weekend. lol

http://www.dayformothers.com/when-is-mothers-day.html

OK...How about Saturday May 5th/Sunday May 6th? Rain Date of May 20th/21st ???

I'm hoping we can use this "Get together" to all meet and make plans for a "Real Summer Barbeque" later on in the summer.

Could call it the "Cinco de Mayo...Brute Force, Beef, Beer and Bullets Bash"....lol

That would be a bit early for our place - I could get the pool opened by then, but it would still be rather "refreshing" as we don't have a heater...

Later in the summer though would be a definite possibility.

We aren't far from the intersection of 3 and 495, so our place wouldn't be that bad for any of the New England crowd. We have about an acre and our neighbors are reasonably cool, so it would be possible to have much fun playing with "toys"

Gooserider

Yeah, anything before July 1 is tough because of prior plans, weather, folks graduating, weddings, etc.

It may just turn out to be some small get togethers - or possibly one official one and lots of smaller ones including donor installs, etc.

I will slowly do some research into possibilities. Once you set a date and time, though, it's probable that many people will have conflicts - that's the nature of things..... I'm going to check with some of the possible "destinations" like tours, etc. - maybe a shorter route than my first mention, as networking may be more fun than trying to squeeze too much in.

As "faceless" as our continual net meetings are, it does not it's advantages. We'd never be this organized (raising money, etc.) nor this inclusive if we ever tried to go to real meetings!

I was thinking about this yesterday - how the completely haphazard donor programs, Corie to Reno, etc. has worked perfectly BECAUSE of a certain lack of formality. Since the start of hearth.com, I have always envisioned a "Help from the Hearth" program where a certain % of Hearth.com income was diverted to helping those in need.....but now I'm thinking that actually doing it (making it a formal effort, corporation, etc) might actually harm it. It's one thing for folks here and the manufacturers to give a little mad money, but quite another to have to run a business and submit tax returns, etc.

Anyway, just ranting......sooner or later I may start some kind of more formal effort anyway - this would allow tax deductions as well as having folks put it in their wills and even investments while living (those charitable trust things). As it stands now, there are no formal programs covering this type of stuff - like sending new blood to the HPBA shows, replacing dangerous stoves, etc.

Then again, once formal someone would actually have to keep track of things!

I'm def interested in hanging out and shooting the sheet. Not sure about alot of traveling. I'd personally hang and bs. Hit a few bars etc.
Relaxation is my thing LOL. Some of us are going to be coming some miles, not really wanting to drive or travel a few hundred more.
From PA to Mass on my hog and I'll need a day or so to recoupe. Just point me to the nearest strip club :)

Hogz,

You always bout the strip club. Man you gotta get laid more often!

wxman said:
Hogz,

You always bout the strip club. Man you gotta get laid more often!

Been in a few where I wished I had HogWildz with me. Would have made it a WHOLE lot easier to get out of there in one piece.

Hogwildz said:
I'm def interested in hanging out and shooting the sheet. Not sure about alot of traveling. I'd personally hang and bs. Hit a few bars etc.
Relaxation is my thing LOL. Some of us are going to be coming some miles, not really wanting to drive or travel a few hundred more.
From PA to Mass on my hog and I'll need a day or so to recoupe. Just point me to the nearest strip club :)

We can take care of you - sort of... Mac's II is within walking distance of our house, and I've heard it's a good club, though I've never been in it - (I have a girlfriend, don't need to pay to see a stripper...) Amusing tale behind that club as well. The Town prudes weren't happy to have a strip club in town, and figured that they couldn't put them out of business directly, but they'd do it by financial pressure... Managed to take away their liquor license figuring that would kill them... Management rolled with it, and found it was the best thing could have happened to them! They turned it into an 18+ club, and started pulling customers from all over New England, as it was one of the few strip joints that an 18-21 kid could get into after the drinking age went up!

Gooserider

Corie said:
Strip club................
Did somebody mention a strip club? :p

OK - the thread's going downhill in a big way here, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to add a little momentum.

On the map, as you move farther west from where they're talking about, and not go south... there's only one in the area, which is usually referred to as "the Cow Palace", so I guess we have to scratch that off the list from the bus tour. :cheese:

Corie said:
Strip club................
Did somebody mention a strip club? :p

MAC's Two

BillericaNews said:
The Gold Club of Billerica Will Have No Liquor License
On June 24, 1998, the Billerica Board of Selectmen unanimously rejected approval of a liquor license for The Gold Club of Billerica (a.k.a. "MAC's Two") at a special meeting held in the Maurice Buck Auditorium. The meeting was well attended by the clergy, local residents and governmental officials. A wide range of objections to the board of selectmen was voiced at the public hearing. Numerous petitions were presented to the board of selectmen and many testified that there is no need for an additional liquor license in Billerica, that the area is saturated with existing liquor licenses, that the potential licensee failed to fully cooperate with town officials in the investigatory process and that the mix of liquor and adult entertainment creates significant day end evening problems for abutters and neighbors.

As mentioned earlier, it's 18+ so you don't even need your fake ID!

Gooserider

My apologies for getting OT, and dragging this good post into the gutter.
But I got to say, just point me to all but the "Cow Palace" and I am there. All & any are welcome to come with.
Not that I am so much a perv, which I am, but I just feel more at home in these type of bar atmospheres.
Figure a date for the get together, so I can mark my calendar. I'll prolly be solo.

Goose says he knows where Mac II's is, but he has never been in the joint. Yea, likely storie. :)

Hell I take my OL with me most the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.