Ambiance and My Favorite Snack - A not so serious of a post :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkF48

Feeling the Heat
Nov 14, 2011
Central MA
The snap, crackle, and pop of a roaring fireplace always somehow adds to the warmth and ambiance of the burning wood. A pellet stove with a large glass window fulfills some of the effect with the dancing flames, but falls short of providing the auditory senses with those much enjoyed sounds of the fireplace.

Last night I indulged in one of my more favorite healthy snack foods and in the preparation I had a thought for adding that wonderful fireplace ambiance to the pellet stove.....

A handful or two of popping corn mixed in with the pellets!!!

Many stoves can use corn for fuel, so what difference would it make?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Your stove may be rated for this but is your venting other than that little item have at it but make sure things can handle it first.

Vent perforation isn't something you want to have happen to you.

If you want Snap Crackle & Pop, maybe you should experiment with Rice Crispies?

Attachments

• snap.jpg
    snap.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 280
While it would be minimal, you'd also
be wasting pellets as they'd get blown
out of the burnpot by the mini explosions...

That's ok, those of us using simpson pellet vent already have the smoke smell! :)

DAKSY said:
While it would be minimal, you'd also
be wasting pellets as they'd get blown
out of the burnpot by the mini explosions...
But it also might keep the front of the burnpot clear of ash..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.