Ambiance Elegance 42 ZC Fireplace - 1.85g/hr non-cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pertzbro

Feeling the Heat
Aug 2, 2016
NW Iowa
Anyone have any first hand experience with this unit?

ZC - Non Cat, Soapstone lined, 3.8cuft firebox on 6inch flue, adjustmable primary air with a thermostatic bimetalic air control for starts and reloads. 1.85g/hr.

Cant seem to find much on how the secondary air system works but seems to be a bit like PE's. It's also a stainless firebox with soapstone lining instead of firebrick..

https://ambiancefireplaces.com/wood-fireplaces/elegance-42/

Looks to be made by Supreme...

Have not seen one personally, but it is made by Foyers Supreme. I haven't been able to find any interior images of the secondary combustion system. Do you have some? It has a big, wide firebox, but shallow so it's unlikely that one would be able to use the full capacity. The PE FP30 is deeper and more square.

It uses the same Supreme air control. Anyone had any experience with Surpreme? I know there was one on here for that double sided fireplace. Still don't understand how the secondary air works/looks.

upload_2019-2-4_14-21-48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not seen one personally, but it is made by Foyers Supreme. I haven't been able to find any interior images of the secondary combustion system. Do you have some? It has a big, wide firebox, but shallow so it's unlikely that one would be able to use the full capacity. The PE FP30 is deeper and more square.

Yeah, i'm comparing it to the PE FP30. Sounds like it might be a safer bet to just stick with PE for my new build coming up in a few years.

I think webby3650 installed a Supreme insert? a while back. Maybe he has some insight. They have always been a different sort of stove. The primary air control is simple with a trick bimetallic that semi-automates primary air reduction if one chooses it. My guess would be that the secondary air is unregulated.

Last edited: