Ambiance Intrigue Thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirraf511

Jan 26, 2014
KY
Does anyone have opinions/thoughts on the Ambiance Intrigue model? I was looking at the Fireplace Xtrordinair 864HO and the dealer states the Intrigue is just as good, for less. The price difference is around $750. He also sells both models. Thanks

It doesn't look bad - but at the same time I never heard of it before. It looks like a private label or something similar done by a "buyers group". That does not mean it's bad, but you have to consider who is standing behind it. In the case of the Travis product, you have a company with a factory of 1/2 million sq ft, decades of history, a full R&D department, etc.

The question becomes what that's worth to you.

It doesn't look bad - but at the same time I never heard of it before. It looks like a private label or something similar done by a "buyers group". That does not mean it's bad, but you have to consider who is standing behind it. In the case of the Travis product, you have a company with a factory of 1/2 million sq ft, decades of history, a full R&D department, etc.

The question becomes what that's worth to you.

You hit that one on the head Webbie. Ambiance is a private label Kozy Heat.

Brad

Thanks for the replies. I just found out I have a fireplace dealer right down the street from me. His main line is Town and Country. I think I will check them out as well. From what I've read, they are a nice fireplace very comparable to Fireplace X.

Thanks for the replies. I just found out I have a fireplace dealer right down the street from me. His main line is Town and Country. I think I will check them out as well. From what I've read, they are a nice fireplace very comparable to Fireplace X.

A huge difference between Town & Country and FPX. T&C is purposely designed to be inefficient. It is designed mostly around commercial applications where they want a big flame and low heat output.

Check out a Mendota.

Brad

Having worked on both models I'd say the Travis unit is much more user and technician friendly. The Intrigue is beautiful and has an intricate log set, the small front row burner doesn't always light and adjusting air shutter requires complete disassembly because of that top brick. The Travis unit would be a much better long term investment IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.