Ambient Technologies WWTA Wireless Prog. Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
slink said:
The wall unit is the transmitter which sends the signal to the receiver that is wired to the stove. The transmitter sends the signal and the receiver powers the internal contacts to turn on the stove. Basicly only used power during switching the contacts on or off. Yes it does use some power "listening" for the signal but the main power draw is during switching.
Okay that's what I thought. When you said the "batteries aren’t using power all the time just during turn on or turn off switching" I thought you might have discovered something new. Still don't know why it's worth going battery powered when they're just another point of independent failure in the circuit. (As an electrical engineer we try to eliminate unecessary points of failure.) But, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.