America vs Europe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griff726

Sep 14, 2014
Hudson Valley NY
Who makes the best stoves? Ready.... Vote!

No idea. I've never used a stove from Europe.

While we have very good products here in North America, the Europeans have been at it likely longer because of very high energy cost, more innovations. As for styling, anything made in Europe tends to have a different and more high tech look. If I was to buy anything from there I would be tempted to go for something made in a Scandinavian country, so dam cold!!!

I sure like my Tarm.

What's a tarm?

It seems to me that great stoves come from both sides of the pond. Jotul, Blaze King, Woodstock... even Englander.

They do have us beat on coffee, but I enjoy both bourbon and scotch.

This reminds me... need to check on the Scottish voting. Their polls should be closing within 30 minutes!

Last edited:
It seems to me that great stoves come from both sides of the pond. Jotul, Blaze King, Woodstock... even Englander.

They do have us beat on coffee, !

Yes, they MAKE the best espresso that you can stand a spoon up in but they don't grow it. Look to Ethiopia, Papua New Guinea, Kenya, Columbia, Sumatra for the best green beans and roast your own! ummmm.

Last edited:
I believe the first standalone consumer pellet stove was American. The first freestanding woodstove was also an American invention the inventor is on pictured on the $100 bill:) As usual someone else improves on the ideas and sells it back to us.

I believe the first standalone consumer pellet stove was American. The first freestanding woodstove was also an American invention the inventor is on pictured on the $100 bill:) As usual someone else improves on the ideas and sells it back to us.
First mag-lev trains were conceived and designed in the USA, as well... but we all know first deployment was Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.