american aspen drying time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich81

Dec 10, 2006
not my preferred wood but on a lot that i am cutting on there is quite a bit of it i had to take down to create a path into the woods. i plan on burning it but was curious if it dries out relatively quick like pine or/??? it smells pretty good when cut too

Not too good on the smell part. Probably dry in one summer. Not the best wood for heat but we've used some. Best burned during the daytime hours when you don't need a lot of heat.

Backwoods Savage said:
Not too good on the smell part. Probably dry in one summer. Not the best wood for heat but we've used some. Best burned during the daytime hours when you don't need a lot of heat.

thank you. i planned on burning it during the day or running it through the stove this fall and early spring. it came down so i'm a burning it along with pine nothing is going to waste anymore. as far as the smell do you mean burning or when cut? maybe i was smelling something else when i was cutting it!! other than 2 stroke

It does smell when you cut and split it but we've never noticed it in the stove as long as it is well seasoned, which doesn't seem to take long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.