American Classics - Lickety Log Splitter and Cub Cadet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob95065

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Felton, CA
I brought my log splitter home to process the eucalyptus I brought home last week. Usually I only split with a maul but this stuff was in the sun too long and it is like stone. I snapped a picture of the garden tractor and splitter.

100_1102_zps4bd03315.jpg

That's a Cub Cadet 1000 (August 1977) pulling a Lickety Log Splitter (unknown year) I practically grew up on this 1000 and I got the splitter for free with a blown engine. I reworked them both and they run great. I plit about 1/2 cord this afternoon with the splitter. The tractor will see some use hauling wood once I get a cart and the woodshed built.

Both of these machines have Kohler K-series engines. They are bulletproof - cast iron blocks, no plastic. The Cub has a steel ladder frame and is built like a tank. I love old equipment that is built right.

Nice Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.