American Harvest 6039 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wallkicker

Nov 5, 2012
Hi woodburners and pellet burners !! ,
I am new to the forum . I am sure if I look through all the past threads I could get the answers I need . That being said I am hoping for some quick answers as it is getting cold where I am and I am not really prepared for it . I just moved recently to a northern climate and the pellet stove came with it . I have burned a lot of wood in my day but pellets never . My panel has the abc, on/off, heat range and blower speed buttons . I know there are some tsech. adjustments with the abc buttons and I am staying off those right now if I don't need to mess with them. I am currently running the heat range at 3 and blower speed at 7 . My goal is good heat efficiently as possible , meaning I don't want to spend any more on wood pellets than I have too ! I did read a few threads on this model . Some mentioned an auto setting which I don't think I have , and some have mentioned settings that don't seem to apply to my stove . I do have the manual draft under the door and it is a manual start as best I can tell . Do I just bump up the heat range to a higher number if I want it warmer ? I will start going through some threads in the mean time . Any hints or pointers are greatly appreciated . This looks to be a great site .

Hello

I had an American Harvest 6041 Multi-Fuel stove with a control panel that is newer than yours and alot easier to use. You may be able to upgrade to the newer control panel. Something to consider. From what I hear your stove and control panel is very good but you have to try tweaking and trying things to get it set up to work the way you want. Good luck

Thanks for the input guys . I ran her last night for my first full run . Looks like I will get about 18 hours on a bag at this setting . I am not sure if this is good or not . It doesn't add up to a bad monthly total even allowing for colder weather, certainly much better than many other fuels . My house is only about 1500 sq. ft. . I am having one concern . The ash doesn't seem to be getting down to the ash tray as well as think it should . I guess I will look for some clogged holes . Thanks again for the help . Lots to learn from this site .

Status
Not open for further replies.