AMERICAN HARVEST 6041 US PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattbph

Dec 20, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
I've had this pellet stove for three seasons and feel like it's to much maintenance. Also, i've experienced many issues... with parts, smoke in my house and other technical problems.

I want to sell it on craigslist or ebay for about $1200. This would include a new ignitor, vermiculite board and most of the piping. And if they want the hearth pad, they can have that too.

Question: Is the selling price reasonable?

Thanks for your help!!

Should have bought a harmon!!

Matt

Or for about the same price an Englander with good support.

Prices on used stoves vary by region. Around my area you would be lucky to get $600. The word is out about the problems and are sold by a large farm supply cheap in the first place.

I sold a 6039 a couple months ago 4 years old. I got 550.00 for the stove only. I kept the pipe. 1200 might be a far reach.imo

Reactions: pell it
I just bought & installed a 2007 6039 demo unit with about 40 hours on it for $400, including some used direct vent pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.