American harvest 6100 with 6220 board pellet feeding issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

boroak

Mar 7, 2023
NY
Hello, I started up my pellet furnace that was working fine last year today to test it. Everything but feeding pellets seems to work. The augur passed the test and fed pellets on its own, but when I turn it on to start it the augur delay is flashing and from what I read that seems to possibly mean the hopper is open that is shut... is there a way to bypass or test if the hopper switch is the issue? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Unplug two wires from auger safety switch and connect them together with paper clip and tape them or change C19 to 1.

6220 C Code
To adjust the operation constant, press and hold the MODE and AUGER DELAY buttons
simultaneously for 3 seconds. The display will show “C-1”. Use the HEAT RANGE UP or HEAT
RANGE DOWN buttons to change the constant number (see the list of values below). When the
desired constant is displayed, press the ON button to toggle between viewing and editing the value.
While editing a parameter, use the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons to adjust the values to the
desired point, then press ON again to return to the constant number list. Press the OFF button to
exit the adjust operational constants mode.
 C-1- Reset to defaults (hold the MODE and AUGER DELAY buttons for 3 seconds to reset all
to defaults).
 C-2- Fuel Lbs. Per HR 1 (0-9.99) - This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat range
setting of 1. The default is 2.75.
 C-3- Fuel Lbs. Per HR 9 (0-9.99) –This is the fuel rate in pounds per hour for a heat range
setting of 9. The default is 7.5. The fuel rates used between setting 1 and 9 are linearly
interpolated between these two settings.
 C-4- Agitator On percentage HR 1 (0-100) - This is the percent on time for the agitator for a
setting of 1. The default is 25%.
 C-5- Agitator On percentage HR 9 (0-100) – This is the percent on time for the agitator for a
setting of 9. The default is 50%. The percent on time for the agitator used between settings
1 and 9 are linearly interpolated between these two settings.
 C-6- Draft Fan Level HR 1 (0-500) - This is the draft fan output level for a draft fan setting of
1. The default is 100.
 C-7- Draft Fan Level HR 9 (0-500) - This is the draft fan output level for a draft fan setting of
9. The default is 300.
 C-8- Fuel Rate Type Compensation (50%-200%) – This parameter affects how much the
auger runs to produce a given fuel rate. The default fuel rates are based on corn. This is the
default setting for this parameter, or 100%. If the parameter is adjusted up, the auger rate is
increased proportionally. If the fuel being used is less dense than corn (wood pellets for
instants), it may be necessary to raise this parameter to compensate. This makes the
programmed lbs. per hour correspond to the particular fuel type. Typically, wood pellets
need to be ran at 120% to compensate for their lower density and slower travel through the
auger system.
 C-9- Ramp Seconds for increasing level (0-300) - When the heat range setting is adjusted,
the control will ramp from the current setting to the target setting to avoid abrupt changes
in the outputs that could cause problems with the flame quality. The ramp seconds value
sets the amount of time to spend on each heat range (1-9 pseudo ranges not 1-5 user
ranges) as the current setting is ramping toward the target. If the current setting is ramping
down toward a lower target, the ramp value is half this number. The default value is 120.
 C-10- Startup Minutes for detecting warm furnace- (10-60)- This is the amount of time the
control will wait for the furnace to reach the warm temperature(110°F) after the furnace
has been started before shutting down and reporting an error condition Err3. The default is
30 minutes.
 C-11- Overtemp Setpoint-(0-400) - This is the measured flue gas temperature that will
cause an overtemp condition. In this condition, the control will stop auguring fuel until the
temperature returns to a safe operation point. The default is 325°F.
 C-12- Cutback Setpoint-(0-400) - This is the measured Flue gas temperature that will cause
an overtemp condition. In this condition, the control will ramp the heat range down based
on the ramp seconds described above divided by 2 until the temperature falls below the
cutback setpoint. The default is 300°F.
 C-13- Room Fan On Setpoint- (0-300) -This is the temperature that the measured flue gas
can reach before the flue controlled room fan turns on. If the measured temperature is
higher than this setpoint, the control will turn on the flue controlled room fan. This variable
also serves to indicate to the control that the stove is warm. If the measured temperature is
higher than this setpoint, the stove is considered warm and will not create an Er3. Whether
or not the stove is warm also determines if the unit will recover from a power failure. If the
stove is warm when power is lost and cold when it returns, it will shut down with an Er4.
The default is 150°F
 C-14- Cold Stove Setpoint-(0-200) - This variable is used to determine when the furnace is
cold and ready to be shut down. If during the shutdown sequence the measured
temperature is less than this value + ambient, the furnace will stop running the fans to cool
it off. The default is 40 degrees above ambient.
 C-15-Low Temp Vent Setpoint-(70-200)- This variable is used to control the vent controlled
room fan. If the measured vent temperature is greater than the Low Temp Vent Setpoint,
the vent controlled room fan will turn on. If the Measured vent temperature is less than the
Low Temp Vent Setpoint-5, the vent controlled room fan will turn off. The default for this
setpoint is 115°F.
 C-16- High Temp Vent Setpoint- (70-400) - This variable is used to limit the maximum vent
temperature. If the measured vent temperature is greater than the high temp vent setpoint,
the furnace will reduce the heat range by 1. If eh vent temperature falls below the setpoint-
5, the heat range will ramp back to normal. The default for this setpoint is 225°F.
 C-17- Auger Period in seconds- (5-20)- This is the fixed auger period. The ontime is
calculated based on the setpoint fuel rate in Lbs. and the full on rate set in C-18. The default
is 10.00 Seconds.
 C-18- Full On Fuel Rate in Lbs. Hour- (5-14)- This is the fuel rate that would be delivered if
the auger will turned 100% of the time. This definition is for corn only (see proportional
offset parameter C-8). The default value for this parameter is 14 Lbs. of corn per hour.
 C-19- Ignore Sense Errors (0-1)- When this parameter is set to 1, the sensor errors
including Interlock, and all fuse detection errors are disabled. The default is 0 (sense errors
enabled).
 C-20- Ignore Vacuum Switch (0-1)- When this parameter is set to 1, the vacuum switch is
ignored. The default is 0 (do not ignore the vacuum switch).

Arc, is the flashing augur delay an actual error? I ran through the diagnostics again and when it got to the augur test the on light was not on.. any ideas...?

Below is what it is doing it doesn't feed pellets after the initial startup. We reset it to factory defaults, just to make sure everything was from scratch. Sorry for the bad lighting but a video is attached.

Attachments

• PXL_20230924_185047521.mp4
    5.1 MB
We tried turning c19 and 20 to 1 to see if it would run and there was no changes. The agur still wouldn't turn when I actually turned the furnace on.... it seems to work fine during the diagnostic tests you can run. This is the gasket on the door, is that good or should it be replaced and could be causing this issue?

16955872905686903753052790580937.jpg

Door gasket looks ok, if you want you can lightly run a bbq cleaning brush or a comb over the gasket to fluff it up, but if it was gasket you should be getting vacuum error code. I would try to jump the hopper switch with a paper clip or short lead with a spade on each end. Also check purple wire on board to make sure good Molex (white plug)contact. Check purple wire from switch to control board for pinched or broken wire and check white wire from hopper switch to at least first split connection. Depending on which hopper switch you have white wire should be attached to bottom spade and purple should be just above it. Should be one empty spade above that. When hopper switches go bad some weird things can happen.

You are aware that the auger should not start for approximately 3 minutes after pressing on? But the auger delay shouldn't be blinking you are correct that is suppose to mean hopper is open . Tell me what it does if you push on, pause then press and hold on? Auger should run as long as you press on button and stop when you let go.

Nothing happens when I try to manually run the augur. I do slightly remember it only running after so long, I didn't remember it was 3 minutes though. When I get a chance I'll try what you mentioned above and I'll take a picture so you know what I am looking at there. I did let it run and I was getting an ERR 2 code which is probably the fact it ran out of fuel. Thanks for getting back to me.

i believe the issue had to do with the area under the exhaust fan, once we vacuumed that out it is working fine. i plan to replace the fan because the housing is rusted and order a pressure switch to have as a spare. thanks for the replies

Reactions: ARC