USSC 6039 American Harvest All the top button won't work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jstock2383

Nov 11, 2016
New York
On the control panel all the top buttons won't work. They will turn down but now there's no way to turn them back up. All I really care about is to be able to turn up the room temperature seeing its stuck on 2. Is there a way to bypass it for now? I have a 3069 American harvest pellet stove

Welcome to the forum. Is this the stove you mean American Harvest 6039? http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/175057.pdf
Page 18 goes through how the control board works ...

New to you stove, new stove, came with the house? On surge protector? Have you tried unplugging the stove, let sit a few minutes and start it up again?

Manual or Automatic Mode?

No we have had the stove for years. Yes we have unplugged it and let it sit. Checked all fuses, don't matter if it's on manual or automatic top control buttons wont work can't a just the temp or anything

Have you tried setting the stove back to factory default settings ... page 23 bottom for the procedure
"To return the control to its original factory default settings, press and hold the AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons together for three seconds."

A quick google search makes me think your board is the same or similar to the 5500M. I tapped into a USSC 5500M control board before to do some mods. I remember there was a ribbon cable connecting the pushbuttons to the rest of the board, and under the pushbuttons was a matrix of connections. Since you have to pull the board out anyway, what I would do is make sure the ribbon cable is fully seated and no loose wires. It could be a bad board, but it could also be a bad connection at the wire or pin that controls that top row of button contacts.

Reactions: FirepotPete
On the control panel all the top buttons won't work. They will turn down but now there's no way to turn them back up. All I really care about is to be able to turn up the room temperature seeing its stuck on 2. Is there a way to bypass it for now? I have a 3069 American harvest pellet stove

Are the circuit board retainers intact?

They are little plastic pins that have the head on the out side of the control board.
The pins have 2 small barbs on the board side that hold the circuit board tight against the outside panel the buttons are on.

I had problems with buttons not working on a 6039 because the pins were not holding the board down.

Nothing was wrong with the board the buttons were not contacting the switches.

I used a different controller.

I was thinking I could use small nylon nuts and bolts, have not tried to fix it yet.

Reactions: brupska