American Harvest pellet stove 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroittiggs95

Nov 30, 2016
Irons, Mi
i recently purchased this stove from my aunt. It works great except the thing never shuts down unless I turn the power off. Is it supposed to keep running all the time or is there a thermostat that needs replacing. My house is only just over 1000 sqft. When I first put it in I had my house at a steady 70, now I can't get it lower than 80. HELP!!! please.

Reactions: 2011 GT/CS
When I had mine from 2008 it had the abc board and there was no auto ignition. You had to light it manually and turn it off if it was too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have no temperature control.You control this by the settings of the range and blower adjustments.If gets too warm in room,you have to change the range and blower settings.Stove will continue to run at those settings untill you turn it off.But,if your control board has connections on the back for a thermostat(2 connectors with a jumper installed),you can install a millivolt room thermostat,which will not turn stove on and off,but will take it to an idle mode,then when temp drops,will kick stove up to higher burn rate. http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/175057.pdf

Reactions: Lake Girl
The stove will continue to run until the temp reaches 90°F then shut down, the auger will turn a couple more times to expel any burning pellets. This could take up to 1 hour, usually about 20-30 minutes.

While you can't directly set the stove for a certain temp without a thermostat hooked up, you can adjust the feed rates. If you are running on HR1 and it's to hot you could try reducing the feed rate. It could be that it is just to warm though. I've only run my stove for about 1 week so far and don't fire it up until the day temps get below 30° or it's to warm. And I have HR1 feed set at 1.5pph burning corn.

The only 6039 that has the thermo connectors on the back is the 6039I, that's an insert model, other wise you need to access the circuit board to check that it has the jumper in place across the pins or hook up a thermostat. If the jumper isn't in place then no matter what heat range you set it at it will not adjust up or down even though it changes on the board.

Reactions: Lake Girl
so I can hook up a thermostat on this particular model, that would keep it at a steady temp? Where do I find one and how do I hook it up?
No matter what you do it will not stay at a steady temp until you know how that control panel works, tweak the stove in for your install and the type of pellets you are using.

Even once you do that adding a thermo will help but these stoves are not like a forced air heat system. It takes a lot longer for the stove to bring the room temp back to were you have it set for, it's just the nature of the beast. This will also depend on where the thermo is placed in the room, next to the stove or 15' across the room.

You have a four button stove. OK, is it the HR1-HR9 panel or the HR1-HR5 panel that also has the Cr1-Cr5 settings?

Either way you need to see what the HR1 and HR9 (or HR5) pounds per hour (pph) is set at. Push the HR DOWN and AUX DOWN button at the same time. The board will then flash a number, perhaps 2.0pph or 1.5pph.

Then do the same with the highest HR you have, Push HR UP and AUX UP at the same time, it will flash the highest pph rate, should be 5pph or 6pph. Until you confirm those numbers you don't know how much fuel you are using, especially on your lowest setting of HR1, which seems to be a problem for you with to much heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.