American Idol is keeping the bear burning!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
It`s nice to have a finished rec-room below grade so it is nice and cool in the summer when it is stiffling everywhere else in the house. However, that room has the big screen and the kodiak insert,and right now it is 60 down there and 72 upstairs. And, you guessed it, the wife wants to watch american idol in HD on the big screen and also wants it to be 70-80 degrees when she does so.

So here we are still burning twice a week (thank god I bought those 5 cords of cedar mill ends) so I can get the temp up quickly so the neighbours dont think I`m nuts!! That would be about as silly as one of you suggesting that I move the screen up for the summer and down for the winter--uh,uh, too much risk for breakage.

Anyone else in the same boat here? Or am I rowing on my own? :roll:

Not alone, I still burn every day and expect to burn through the middle of the month at least. I now have to light a fire every morning and every night.

American idol is not too bad to watch either.

In the mid 30's here tonight so I lit a small fire to keep the temps up till morning. Can't burn all day but one a few evenings of the week when it gets cold does us fine.

If American Idol was responsible for keeping my stove burning, it would be a cold stone. But that would be the same for all network tv.

BeGreen said:
If American Idol was responsible for keeping my stove burning, it would be a cold stone. But that would be the same for all network tv.

Hey BG: showed your comment to the wife and she says--"bah humbug".. Sorry for ratting you out, well maybe not ;-)

I watch the news hour on PBS most every weeknight, occasionally something on Discovery or the History channel...other than that, my 100+ channels of drivel just stream past my house. Much rather I'd be curled up with a good biography or book about history, science, or something else real and meaningful. Never seen "Idol", "Lost", or "Survivor". To each his own. Rick

Please kill me now if I ever watch American Idol.

But that is probably because, as a guitar player, I don't even play Guitar Hero. After all, why care about "wanna be", when you can play in front of 10,000 screaming fans (which I have done, but only by force - that's another story).

Status
Not open for further replies.