American Wood Fiber pellets - $285/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexei27

Jun 29, 2008
eastern LI
The dealer charges $20 a ton for delivery...so $305/ton

Same guy has Appling County for $265/ton

Everything I read and hear says prices won't drop much...and this is the cheapest I can find for a "decent" pellet on Long Island.

I paid about $300/ton for lignetics last year...does anyone know if american wood fiber can compete? I did a search on the forums and there was not much info. Thanks!

Alex, I know the dealer that your referring to. I have tried both pellets in my Harman Accentra Insert. I can tell you the the ACP are horrible! Don't even consider them or unless you want to really kill your investment. As for the American Wood Fibers...I ran about 4 bags through my stove and they were not great. My advice is pay a few extra dollars and purchase a better pellet. You won't be sorry and overall it might cost an extra 100 bucks. Its my 2 cents..

Thanks!

If the lignetics are even close to the same price I'll get those. They burned really nicely.

Do you have a preferred dealer?

I used LIPelletSupply last year. I had 3/4 ton left and I am purchasing Energex From Central PA and trucking back from PA while I'm on business for work. It was my first year with my stove and I was burning light I would say. I am going to pick-up about 2 tons this year and if I run out I'll just pick-up a few bags here and there.. LI Pellet supply has all OAK pellets that burn pretty good. I would use Pelletsales.com and go for the Rocky Mountain. They are are really good pellet and the price for them isn't to bad through Pelletsales..

If you have the $ for the Lignetics, get them. The hardwood (green lettering on bag) version is better, IMO. I burned both, and preferred the hardwood.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Appling!

Status
Not open for further replies.