ammark air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakarville

Dec 6, 2010
northwest corner ct
Good afternoon gents. new to this site.I have a hoval wood boiler with a ammark control like most boilers. I have been using this boiler for five years and I have to clean creosote once a week.The boiler temp goes down to 150 deg and up to 195. I have it adjusted so door just shuts at around 185.Problem is the control seems very slow to open and the boiler smolders.I was wondering what you guys thought about removing that ammark control installing a aquastat and 24v transformer and using a 24v selenoid or motor to open the door.My magnetic gauge says flu temp is at 200 almost always. I think I will have much less creosote this way.I manually lift the chain I can raise the flu temp to 400 in seconds.I think that control is not giving me enough air.Thanks for you're help.Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.