An added benefit of Super Cedars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
We received a box of 72 unwrapped "green special" super cedars as a gift. They are awesome fire starters, but because there are so many, I've been keeping the box in the coat closet. My wife mentioned that the closet now has a pleasant cedar aroma. Should be an enjoyable winter for many reasons.

Thanks for mentioning that. I am moving mine into the hall coat closet tonight.

Should keep the moths away too.

Thanks for posting that. I am gonna move the SCs to the hall closet.

I'm going to put some "halves" in my tennis shoes 'till spring..

Maybe rub your underarms with one before the morning fire-up.

mine are wrapped in cellophane, why were yours unwrapped?

They offer the 72 unit box unwrapped if you don't want to create more plastic waste.

Yes. It is pretty simple to unwrap a couple of them and then place in the closets....or drawers (that's drawers in a dresser for you smart folks).

I just bought sheets of cedar, 4x8ft and put them on the walls in the closets.

I UNDERSTAND NOW. Mine are kind of crumbly when I break in half so not sure I want them in my undies drawer, but in my wood stove they are GREAT!!!!

Sandie, you do not have to completely unwrap them. Just poke a couple holes and you are all set. Besides, what's a few crumbs in your undies?! :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
Sandie, you do not have to completely unwrap them. Just poke a couple holes and you are all set. Besides, what's a few crumbs in your undies?! :lol:

Beats what I usually find in my undies. ;) :)

Ya I guess there are worse things then cedar and wax crumbs but there are better things as well.

If I put some in my hockey bag maybe my wife will let me bring my hockey equipment in the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.