An article for you to read, and I will let your opinions take it where they will.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy (like me I suppose) is an environmentalist. Nothing wrong with that. Sure, we as alternate heat users are as concerned about the environment as the next guy. There's lots of effort put into more efficient burning and responsible management of the forest.

We also see the writing on the wall when it comes to the consumption of resources and environmental waste and are all actively trying to be responsible human citizens on this planet; not only for the time "we" live here, but also for the folks coming after us.

Individually, we make but a small impact of course. But every contribution, no matter how small, helps to build the bigger goal. Hopefully the choices we ("I") make, will be responsible and be of low negative impact.

-Soupy1957

MOst of those folks like to prey on the doom and gloom. As for me, I am happy to be burning a renewable resource. Some call us environmentalists but we just try to do what is right.

Have you folks ever seen this series. The National Parks: America's Best Idea. http://www.pbs.org/nationalparks/

If you haven't, it is very interesting. Try to find it and watch it. There are some parts in the series that show you what would happen if we did not have environmentalist. But lots of other interesting stuff as well. Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.