An Easter Celebration of Independence, Resourcefulness, and Hard Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
After changing a front wheel u-joint on Mrs. Quads' Jeep, then rotating the tires to unsuccessfully find the source of an odd vibration, I decided it was time to cut some wood!
IMG_6722.jpg

Got my saw chain tangled in one of Grandpa's old fences.
IMG_6718.jpg

And these are the hands that do it all!
IMG_6719.jpg

Looking good as always!

Good stuff Quads! Some grease under the nails, some dirt and blood and I'm sure the palm side shows the years and years of hard work too. Way to go sir!

Quads, you holding that camera in your mouth again? :bug: Your a hard working man. Hope your Easter was good.

Thanks! Hope all of you had a nice Easter too!

I was wondering if someone would ask how I held the camera! I made a clamp/tripod out of an old spotting scope tripod, which I can clamp to tree branches or anything. I clamped it to one of the stakes on the side of my trailer, set the timer, and stuck my hands in front of the camera.

Getting good at making "fake blood" too
or did the barbed wire get you?
Looks like you're Digging for grubs, like a big ole bear :)

Nice pics

bogydave said:
Getting good at making "fake blood" too
or did the barbed wire get you?
Looks like you're Digging for grubs, like a big ole bear :)

Nice pics
Ha! Nope, real blood. Happens everyday. The raspberries are thick, and full of thorns. I only wear gloves when my hands are cold.

Get back to the odd vibration at all ?

"knuckle draggin maul swinger like the cavemen on the Geico ads"

And now you just rip the rounds apart with your bare hands? I'm sure glad you seem like a nice guy!

wendell said:
And now you just rip the rounds apart with your bare hands?
that's what i was gonna say... Guess he got tired of that 6lb'er

billb3 said:
Get back to the odd vibration at all ?
It still has it. I don't know. It's got me kind of stumped. Someone suggested a front hub bearing, but there was no play in the one I took off to change the joint, and that's the corner where it seems to be coming from. It didn't have it until after I put new tires on two months ago, and still has it after rotating them. So for now I'm just going to chalk it up to an old car and not worry about it until something falls off! It only does it around left-hand curves at highway speeds. It's like the hum that you would get from aggressive truck tires.

Danno77 said:
wendell said:
And now you just rip the rounds apart with your bare hands?
that's what i was gonna say... Guess he got tired of that 6lb'er
Ya, ripping the wood apart with my bare hands is the preferred method. I only use the maul when my arthritis is acting up and I'm feeling weak. ;-)

Naw, you'd best stick to the maul quads. Leave the hands for the stacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.