Anchor plate sealant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amitch

Aug 11, 2008
Missouri
Hi Guys,

I'm new to wood burning. Started just last year and love it. My question is what is the purpose of the anchor plate sealant and how important is it? Last year I installed a Kozy Heat Z42. It is on an exterior wall and the Super Pro pipe is 25+ feet. To make a long story short I followed the install to the letter. This spring my chase cap started to leak a little. The water ran down the chimney pipe and washed away some of the anchor plate sealant(water solluble...go figure). I called Kozy Heat and they didn't seem to be too concerned about it. Told me not to lose sleep over it. To go down the chase and reseal it would be a huge pain. So what do you guys think? By the way the water leak has been repaired.

Thanks Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.